2. Chop green chillies, garlic and ginger
3. Heat oil and pop the mustard seeds, then add green chilli, ginger and garlic and fry till brown.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, cloves, salt, chilly powder and powdered spices.
5. Stir till soft and when cool, bottle it and cover with oil and store.
Tree tomato ketchup
|Tomato juice||:||1 kg||Cinnamom||:||¼ tsps.|
|Cardamom powder||:||1/5tsp.||Black pepper||:||¼ tsp|
|Onion and garlic chopped||:||2 tsps.||Jeera powder||:||¼ tsp|
|Sodium benzoate||:||¼ tsp.||Mace powder||:||¼ tsp|
|Glacial acetic acid||:||¼ tsp.||Clove||:||6|
|Red chilli powder||:||1 tsp.||Vinegar||:||6 tsps.|
1. Select tart and fully ripe tomato.
2. Extract the juice by boiling, crushing and straining through a muslin cloth.
3. Use 1/3 of the sugar and heat the fruit juice.
4. In a muslin cloth, tie all the spices and immerse in the juice, squeezing out the flavour now and then.
5. Mix well and heat again for a minute or so and bring to boiling point.
6. Add the remaining sugar and salt and boil till the mixture become very thick.
7. Add acetic acid, cook for a minute.
8. In a little water dissolve the sodium benzoate and add to the product.
9. Fill in sterilized narrow mouthed bottle.
10. It has its distinct yellow colour.
Tree tomato jam
|Citric acid||:||¼ tsp.|
|Sodium benzoate||:||¼ tsp.|
1. Extract the pulp by boiling and squeezing out the juice.
2. Add sugar; keep for half an hour and cook.
3. When half done dissolve the citric acid in water and add to the product.
4. Keep cooking, simultaneously stirring till jam consistency is reached.