KVK Imphal West Activities (2010-11)
- Farmers ’Field Day on rape seed mustard at Ngairangbam village
- Farmers’ Field Day on rice cum release of RC Maniphou-11 at ICAR Manipur Centre, Lamphelpat.
- Rice seed production at farmers’ field
- Buyback of seeds and distributed to the farmers at subsidized rate
- Distribution of piglets and chicks
- Training and demonstrated of value addition of locally available fruits
- Training and demonstration on Zero Energy Cool Chamber for fruits and vegetables
- Popularization of drip irrigation for off season and crop production of high value crop in the farmers‘ field
- Trainers Training programme on organic farming
- Front Line Demonstration on oyster mushroom, early cauliflower, vermicomposting, poultry and piggery etc.
- On Farm Testing on vegetables, cereals, oilseeds, fermented bamboo shoot, Zero Energy Cool Chamber etc.
- Integrated farming
Activity under NICRA
- Integrated nutrient management (INM)
- Integrated pest management (IPM)
- Year round vegetable production (vegetables like water melon, cucurbit, cabbage, etc.)
- Backyard poultry management
- Duck cum fish farming
- Integrated farming system (IFS)
- Zero tillage rapeseed mustard
- Bee keeping
Activity under TSP
- Lentil cultivation
- Mustard/rapeseed cultivation
- Jalkund (low cost water harvesting structure)
- Maize cultivation
- Duck rearing
- Pea cultivation
- “Scientific Maize Production” from 20th to 21st March, 2012 at ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Manipur Centre.
- “Promoting improved technology of groundnut production among the tribal farmers” from 22nd to 24th March, 2012 at ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Manipur Centre sponsored by Tribal Sub Plan (TSP).
- “Watershed Management for Sustainable Agriculture” from 24th to 30th March, 2012 at ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Manipur Centre sponsored by NABARD, Manipur.